Tuesday 3 December 2013

My Birthday in York.

For my nineteenth birthday my boyfriend took me to York which admittedly has been my most wanted place to go to for a while.We both easily loved it and definitely made some amazing memories.

First, we went on a tour of 'York's Chocolate Story' where we were introduced to the history of the origins, founders and ingredients of chocolate and how it is specifically linked to York. We were able to watch how chocolate is made and tried lots of samples! We were even able to make our own chocolate.



Oli then took me to 'The York Dungeons'. It was an amazing walkthrough experience of realistic scenes, special effects and theatrical actors. It was fun, sometimes a little scary yet very educational too. There are similar dungeons throughout the country and I think it would would be really beneficial to visit them all.




I admire York for it's cute shops and cobblestone paths so when my boyfriend offered to take me shopping for a charm for the bracelet he had given me as a birthday gift, I couldn't resist.




It became late and after finding the most beautiful first charm, we came across Bella Italia to sit down and dine in. The candles were lit and the Italian staff were so sweet. It was perfectly romantic.




However, there were so many things to do in York that we did not have the time for, so I hope we can go again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment