Monday 18 August 2014

Sun, Sea, Sand.

Over the past year I have really enjoyed trips to the coast. They have become quite spontaneous recently but not somewhere I often wanted to go before. I think I used to feel as though the idea was a little boring, I mean, what could you really do there other than bury your little brother in the sand?

This is a short post with a few little things I have liked doing this summer when at the beach.




Being creative! Writing cute or silly messages in the sand and then photographing them. I think this could produce a beautiful collage or would work effective in my other pieces of artwork or designs.



Taking a romantic walk or playfully splashing along the tip of the sea; making the most of it in either the sun, the rain or at night. It's a typical idea for the sun to be essential at the beach, but of course it can be just as fun running along the shore in the rain!


It is also a good idea to have a look in the cute gift shops overlooking the beach... I found quite a few little pretty things such as bracelets and trinkets.




Ice Cream! <3




Dangling your legs from a pier holding the most colourful ice creams you can find - making sure you try lots of different flavours!



Speedboats! This can be really fun with the wind in your hair and moving over the waves so fast! My boyfriend and I love cuddling up and peering over the edge.



Towards the end of the day, wearing oversized jumpers, watching the waves and sat on the rocks is perfect for sundown and when it becomes colder. I think it gives a cosy atmosphere, especially being able to cuddle up to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment