Monday 28 July 2014

The Classics.

In my post, 'Cinema and Chocolat', I expressed my interest in films and the impact they can have. Today I studied the store shelves for about an hour to find something new to purchase. I have a long list of films I would like to watch but there were too many to remember, so my mind went blank! I managed to get hold of a couple.


Romeo and Juliet, play originally by William Shakespeare.

I remember studying Shakespeare closely in my Literature classes and that included watching the film versions of his works. I enjoyed watching this contemporary take of Shakespeare's classic love story, 'Romeo and Juliet' so much that I borrowed it from my tutor for over a month! I love the combination of the romantic, tragic and comic values in the films complex plot. I know it is one film I will watch over and over again.


Anna Karenina, novel originally by Leo Tolstoy.

I have not read the novel or seen the film of 'Anna Karenina', but I remember watching the trailer in 2012 and I have been wanting to watch the film since. I think Keira Knightly portrayed the Victorian female perfectly in 'Atonement' and 'Pride and Prejudice', (all three directed by Joe Wright), therefore I am looking forward to seeing her act the role as Anna. Anna Karenina was written by Leo Tolstoy, but the screenplay for the film was rewritten by Tom Stoppard. I have read the plays, 'Importance of Being Earnest' and 'Arcadia' by Stoppard and thoroughly enjoyed his themes, sense of humour and narrative skills.

Toffee popcorn please?




No comments:

Post a Comment