Sunday 13 July 2014

Cinema and Chocolat'

Being a media student for two years developed my strong interest towards films. I think that they are essential for both entertainment and for identifying yourself within the story; whether it is with a character, a plot or expressing an interest.

Today, I went to the cinema with my boyfriend to watch 'Transformers: Age of Extinction'. When I was introduced to the first of the sequel, I did not expect to like it, but it has become one of my favourite films along with the second and third. Personally, I don't think the fourth is as good as the first three and I felt as though the fight scenes dragged a little, but I did enjoy it overall. The fight scenes and graphics were 'epic' as the guy from the 'Menkind' store had suggested to us this morning


A few months ago, I was inspired to create my own DVD collection with the films that I could watch over and over again. I think they also suggest a part of my personality.





Tim Burton is one of my favourite directors! I love the concepts, the themes and his animation style.
Johnny Depp is a very talented actor who can create a variety of different and unique character personas effectively through his acting style.
Therefore, any film with Depp and Burton collaborating is a must have! My collection is still growing; whenever I am out shopping and I come across a film featuring Burton, Depp or both, it will be bought.


I really like the 'Gothic' styles and ideologies and so I really enjoy films with this genre. I love mythical and supernatural themes, especially the 'Romantic' aspect of Vampires. I also like the modern concept of the dark and Gothic twist of traditional fairy tales such as 'Red Riding Hood'. 
I think complex narratives are important too and so I think 'Shutter Island' and 'Inception' portray this very well.


I studied Literature and took an interest in classical novels. Therefore I have chosen 'Dorian Gray' written by the author, Oscar Wilde, and 'Bel Ami', Guy de Maupassant.
One Day is another film based on a book and is one of my favourite tragedy/romance films.
'The Lost Boys' is one of my favourite older films (1987)  and features a vampire theme.
'Inkheart' is one of my all time favourite films because it denotes almost every theme, concept and interest I have mentioned in this post.

I love the gold detail on the 'Twilight' box set!









No comments:

Post a Comment