Monday 27 October 2014

A Tim Burton Directed Halloween.

I have really enjoyed writing my film posts and I think Halloween is a good excuse to write another. I have mentioned some of these films in my other posts but they work really well within the Halloween theme and I wanted to list some good examples of films to watch towards the end of October.

The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Sleepy Hollow, The Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd. All directed by Tim Burton.

Skull Paperweight, Mother Shipton's Cave Gift Shop, Harrogate.
Spider Web Tea Light Candle, Asda.

The Lost Boys Trilogy. (I love Vampires!)

Red Riding Hood, Beastly, Interview With The Vampire, Dorian Gray.

I think films set an atmosphere for real life very effectively and they definitely influence thoughts or a mood through identifying the films aspects with your own existing wishes, likes, thoughts and opinions. Therefore I plan to watch some or all of these films this week leading up to Halloween so that I can really be inspired and express my love for Autumn and my interest in Gothic themes.

Of course, on Halloween night, I expect to be scared and plan on making my boyfriend watch lots of horror films with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment