Saturday 4 October 2014

Light Night.

On Friday night, I went for a walk in Leeds city centre with my boyfriend for the 10th anniversary of 'Light Night'. 'Light Night' is an event that exhibits light using installations, street theatre, music, performance, film, dance, circus acts and artist exhibitions in different venues across Leeds, including museums, galleries, theatres and open spaces. I love the ambience of city lights on a night so this was a perfect event for me. The music was loud but soft and delicate with the sound of chimes to reflect the light. I loved the lively feel from the combination of the sight and the sound.

Theatre of Illumination. Digital Firework Displays and Optical Illusions Using Light and Sound.
Millennium Square.

The 'Light Walkers' were my favourite light piece. Their dresses, with multi-colour light details, were beautiful to admire as they walked and danced around Millennium Square. The 'Squishy Sculpture Park' designed by Nick Kidd was another lovely piece, consisting of contemporary fabric sculptures inspired by Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth with the appearance of bright and colourful bean bags. They are very soft and so comfortable. I would really like one for my bedroom!

'Light Night' is held in different cities throughout the country. I would love to visit another city for 'Light Night' next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment