Monday 20 October 2014

The Maine.

Since around the age of thirteen, I have spent most of my time attending gigs and music festivals. I love the atmosphere and as a teenager, it was definitely something that I was obsessed with doing. I am struggling to describe the strong influence it had over me but I loved being overwhelmed by the music and although I was surrounded by lots of other people, I felt as though it was somewhere I could go to think on my own. I felt comfortable and I really enjoy the energy.

Unfortunately, over the past year I have not had the chance to go to many music events as much as I would like to and I miss it. However, this month my boyfriend kindly offered to take me to a gig to see one of my favourite bands, 'The Maine'.



Originally the gig was supposed to be held at 'The Cockpit' in Leeds; one of my favourite venues I was familiar with whilst growing up, but sadly it closed down just before the gig. It was moved to a new venue called 'The Key Club'. It was out of the way and underground and although it was small, it seemed like the perfect setting for the bands style (an indie genre with an acoustic set involved).

My Heroine - The Maine

John from 'The Maine' told the crowd to "put [their] cameras away as this isn't a fucking Jonas Brothers concert" and therefore I haven't captured any photographs from the night. My interest in photography began whilst attending gigs, yet I agree with John's comment and think that sometimes it is better to put your phone and camera away and just enjoy the moment. 


John O'Callaghan, The Cockpit, (A few years ago).

They were supported by Nick Santino from 'A Rocket To The Moon' and 'Lydia', both of which I am a new fan of. I love 'The Maine' and their set was amazing! I hope in the future I will attend more gigs, take photos and review them in detail as I really enjoy doing this and I had forgotten how much it positively impacted and inspired me.

Which is the best gig or festival you have been to?

No comments:

Post a Comment